Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology is managed by Baba Farid Vidyak Society which was found in 1993 under the kind patronage of prominent educationists of Malwa Region of the State of Punjab. The society aims to provide quality education at affordable fee along with preparing the young minds to face the competitive world on all fronts. The institute is situated 4kms. away from the municipal limits of Bathinda city on Bathinda-Muktsar road. It has a lush green campus spread over 50 acres. The institute offers a host of hi-tech ultra modern facilities to ensure smooth and well planned education for its students. The institute is being managed efficiently by an eminent educationist it’s Chairman Dr. Gurmeet Singh Dhaliwal (Bharat Jyoti Awardee).
How Baba Farid Group of Institutions grew !
- 1993 – Dr. Gurmeet Singh Dhaliwal (Bharat Jyoti Awardee) laid the foundation of Baba Farid Institute when he started Baba Farid School at Ajit Road, Bathinda.
- 1994 – Registration of Baba FaridVidyak Society an Educational Society with several Educationists as Governing Members including Padam Shree GyanPeeth awardee and World-famous Educationist Prof. Gurdial Singh as Chairman, Mr. Mantar Singh Brar (Ex MLA) as President and Dr. Gurmeet Singh Dhaliwal as General Secretary.
- 2005 – Further Addition to the activities of the Society done by opening the Baba Farid Sr. Sec. School and establishment of Baba Farid Institute of Higher & Foreign Studies, in a new campus in Deon. Baba Farid Institute of Higher & Foreign Studies offers courses under the Baba Farid Degree College & Baba Farid College of Education.
- 2007 – The Baba Farid Global Innovation Centre was started with a MoU with the Australian Science and Management Academy, AUSTRALIA.
- 2008 – Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology was established to offer under graduate courses in the field of Engineering. In the same year, Baba Farid College of Management offering Masters in Business Administration was also established.