BFGI is amongst one of the 100 institutions in India which have been selected by Government of India for setting up E-Governance program in association with National Informatics Centre (NIC) a Ministry of Communications and Information Technology organization. Setting up the center for e-governance as a joint venture with Govt. of India is one of the biggest achievement of BFGI in the Year 2013.
This award was presented by Ms. Lise Grande, The UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in India. In a message to the participants of the E-Gov Campus 2013, Lise Grande, UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative reiterate the importance of technology in reducing poverty and achieving the Millennium Development Goals. The Resident Coordinator also stresses the need to do more to use technology and e-governance for sustainable development and to ensure that nations are able to collaborate better for a shared future.
In order to further the penetration of various E-Governance programs initiated by the Government of India and duly implemented by the State Government and various line agencies like NIC, Engineering Watch in association with National Informatics Centre (NIC) (a Ministry of Communications and Information Technology organization) is organizing E-Gov Campus - an initiative to create e-Gov Cells on selected Engineering Campuses across the country which would undertake various Research & Extension Projects in the domain of e-Governance in close coordination with various Government agencies. Institute of Informatics and Communication (IIC), Delhi University is the knowledge partner of this initiative.
Under this initiative, 100 engineering colleges have been selected from across the country representing the 100 different districts and BFGI is one of them. The selected colleges would be the nodal centres for all e-Gov Campus related activities in that district. This would include working closely with the District Administration, respective State Government, Government of India and various e-Governance Agencies.
The selected campuses would be uniquely identified on a national level for their quality education and open intellectual environment with exemplary faculty & supporting management. An eminent selection committee headed by Dr. M Moni, Director General of NIC has selected the colleges.
It was an honour for BFGI that according to the performance report of the e-governance program 2013-14, 9 institutions were ranked at the top e-governance campuses. BFGI by performing exceptionally by giving superior contribution in its given project 'e-district' and due to its outstanding performance has been categorized under 7th level which is the highest level of engagement. BFGI is been selected among top 7 campuses of India.
E-Governance is a very vast area which needs focused interventions. In addition to applied projects, the e-Gov Campus program also calls upon research projects in certain specific areas:
- Advance Topics in Systems Software, Hardware and Communication Technologies
- Referral Architecture
- Shared Services
- Standards & Interoperability
- Networking and Data Centre
- Cyber Security
- Government Process Re-Engineering
- Project Management (Software Projects)
- Management of RFP (Request for Proposal)
- Technology Development Programmes
- IPR Management
- Change Management (HR, QMS)
- Governance Engineering & Architectural Change Management
- Internet Governance & Management Programme
- e-Governance Services Delivery & Digital Inclusion
- ICT Plan Formulation & Policy Initiatives
- ICT Service Management Programme & its Value Chain
- ICT Projects Rapid National Roll Out and Operations, Maintenance & enhancement
- Cloud Computing Technology & Applications
- e-Governance Solutions & e-Governance Standards
- Software Design Engineering & Emerging Technologies
- Spatial Information Technologies (RS, GIS, Imaging Processing)
- Database Technology and Database Management including CIoud database in real-time applications
- Data Analytics Methods & Programming Decision Support System (DSS)
- Networking Technologies & Management
- Data Centre Management & Operation Technologies Update
- Certification Authority (CA) Operations and Management & Technology Update
- Mobile Computing Applications and Integration with NSDG, SSDG, MSDG and e-Payment Gateway etc.
- Portal Development and W3C Standards.
- Building Secured Rich internet Applications and Software Testing
- Technical Writing of Project Documents and IEEE Standards
- Public Administration and e-Governance Project Delivery
- Software Development Platform Technologies (Open Technology Stack, Microsoft Technologies Stack, Oracle Stack, IBM Stack etc)
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and ICT Project Management
- Software Engineering Methods & Best Practices for Applications Development Cost Estimation & Requirements Engineering
- e-Governance Projects Government Process Re-Engineering, Change Management & ICT infrastructure sizing
- Web Technologies and Cyber Security (Network Security, information Security) Applications Security Testing Security Intelligence and Risk Management for Secure Code Development
- Software Engineering Development, Management Processes and Practices
- Functional and Performance Software Testing
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC&DR) Planning
- Apps User Interface Design Methods & Techniques
- Open Data and Social Media Networking
- End-User Computing capability through Indian Language interface
- Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) techniques
- Mobile Technologies and Touch Screen Applications
- Localization (Language Technologies)
- Middleware Technologies and Applications
- Next Generation e-Governance and Innovations in e-Governance
- International Cooperation & Collaboration on e-Governance Programme
- Best Service Delivery System Models 8. Service Delivery Acts (Central & States)
- Internet Payment Gateway