Internet is the backbone of today’s life. Realising the need of internet in the field of education, the campus of BFGI is fully connected to internet through high speed dedicated leased line connectivity. Wi-max enables the students to easily surf the web anywhere in the campus and enhance their knowledge through unlimited information available on web.
A Library forms a very essential part of an educational institution and plays an important role in all academic activities. BFGI campus has four centrally air conditioned and networked libraries with a vast collection of books related to all the courses, which diminishes the restriction of scholars for attaining knowledge from a limited stock of books. The libraries have been planned and are being developed by a team of qualified professional library staff. The libraries offer traditional and digital resources via browsing interface supported by exceptionally fast internet service. The tranquil environment in the library is the perfect place for reading. Services such as lending of books and journals, reading room, and bibliographic reference and information are rendered by the library. Books are issued through the smart cards that are scanned by the bar code scanners.
No. of Books – The libraries have approximately 11,000 titles, 38,000 volumes, 220 national journals and 600 International journals.
E–Library – More than 6000 national and international e – journals are available. The students can access the e – journals in any corner of the campus. Digital library is available for the students and faculty. It enables them to access e – books. The college has got access to J – Gate database.
INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS (IEEE) PACKAGE List of Journals Subscribed
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS (ASME) – COMPLETE PACKAGE List of Journals Subscribed
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS (ASCE) – COMPLETE PACKAGE List of Journals Subscribed
INTERNATIONAL ELECTROTECHNICAL COMMISSION (IEC) – COMPLETE PACKAGE List of Journals Subscribed
Computers and Printers – The libraries are equipped with computers connected with Wi – max internet connection to help students access various e – journals.
Newspapers – The libraries have subscribed to all leading state and national newspapers. Newspaper stands are placed in the library for the comfort and ease of paper reading.
Magazines – The libraries provide over 48 magazines and as much as 28 national and regional newspapers.
Reading Rooms – The spacious reading room in the libraries provides a tranquil atmosphere to the students and the faculty members.
Internet Connectivity – All libraries provide high speed internet connection to students to connect them to e-books and e-journals.
Baba Farid Group of Institutions launched a Mobile Library in the memory of Late Mr. Kuldeep Singh Gill, Director, Finance. The basic objective of this library is to build progressive thinking among the public of the region through constructive literature which would indeed be helpful in building an ideal society. Constructive literature worth Rs. 2 Lakhs has been put in this mobile Library and these books are sold on no profit no loss basis. The collection of books in this library comprises work of many renowned English, Hindi and Punjabi writers.
The campus has a well maintained 3 Canteens, NESCAFE, Juice bar and Fast Food Point, Mobile canteen which serves as an excellent place to enjoy the taste of hygienic food and engaging oneself in the coffee table chat. These are periodically inspected by the staff members for the maintenance of proper hygienic conditions. The striking features of the cafeteria are:
- Vegetarian & Non vegetarian food served in these food points.
- Healthy and freshly prepared food with a wide range of options in the menu available at reasonable costs.
- Ample space for the students and the staff along with the visitors.
- Comfortable seating arrangement has been made.
Residential facilities are available for students enrolled in the various colleges of the institute. To provide good residential comfort and homely environment to the students, the campus has got separate AC hostels for boys and girls. Every effort has been made to make the hostel building confront to high standards of quality in construction. Great emphasis is laid on cleanliness, hygienic food, and individual styles. Hostel complexes have several convenience facilities to make student life easier.
- Separate hostels are available for boys and girls having capacity to accommodate 300 students respectively.
- The rooms are well furnished and AC with attached wash rooms.
- The Hostel Mess is a large AC hall furnished with dining tables and chairs having a seating capacity for around 100 students.
- Healthy and vegetarian meals are provided to the hostellers three times in a day.
- AC common rooms are equipped with Television sets and chairs. News paper stands are also placed in the common rooms for the ease of students.
- AC study rooms provide a perfect ambience for studying.
- 24 hours internet connectivity through Wi–Fi connection is available in the hostels.
- Large store rooms are available in the hostels to meet resource exigencies.
- 24 hours hostel wardens ensure proper management and discipline in the hostels.
- 24 hours availability of security guards at the hostel gates ensure safety of the students on the campus.
- College bus service is available to ferry students to the city.
- Various co-curricular activities are conducted from time to time at the Hostel Premises for boarders
- Identity of visitors is always cross –examined with guardians for the safety of the students.
Distance should not be a constraint in reaching out for quality education. Keeping this in mind, Baba Farid Group of Institutions has provided a well connected transport service to fetch the students as well as the faculty members from their locations to the college.
- A fleet of more than 125 buses ferry around 6000 students from nearby areas and distant locations.
- The facility covers more than 70 kms of radius.
- The buses cover atleast 120 different bus routes.
- Areas of six districts namely Bathinda, Barnala, Faridkot, Muktsar, Mansa and Sirsa are covered through bus routes
- Special AC Cabs and AC Bus facilities free of cost are provided for the staff members of the BFGI.
Baba Farid Group of Institutions has initiated the process of offering banking services within the campus premises. A branch of Punjab National Bank has been established in the campus. The bank provides convenient and first-rate banking services to the students and the employees of the institute. Some of the key services and facilities provided by Punjab National Bank to Baba Farid Group members are:
- Accounts of students opened at zero balance.
- Easy and assured availability of educational loans to the students.
- Fee can be deposited at any branch of PNB anywhere in India.
- Accounts of faculty members at zero balance along with the overdraft and credit card facility.
- Easy and assured availability of loans to the faculty members e.g. housing loan, car loans, personal loans etc.
Keeping in mind the common saying, “A sound mind lives in a sound body”, the campus has constructed a multi-purpose gymnasium. Work outs channelize the energy of young ones for productive purposes. It assists the students in maintaining their health.
- State of the art gym provides the students ample opportunity to tone up their bodies in between bouts of exercising their grey cells.
- The Gymnasium is equipped with leading fitness products such as Treadmills, Ellipticals, Cycles, Rowers, Plate Loaded & Benches, Stretch, Free Weight & Benches, etc.
Great emphasis is laid on participation in sports, BFGI offers first class facilities for sports and exercise. Indoor and outdoor sports facilities are available for students.
- The campus has a well maintained cricket ground which enables the students to practice their favorite sport.
- Considering the fact that many students enjoy Volley Ball and Basket Ball, the college provides fantastic volleyball and basketball courts for them to develop their abilities in these sports.
- Indoor games like table tennis, carom boards, chess are available for students.