While we are addressing the issues of employability on one hand by empowering the youth with right skills to produce skilled man power, we also look forward to promote the culture of Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship so that we can have more and more job creators in our Country. To continue further in this direction BFGI have created School of Entrepreneurship, this is one of the major pillar of upcoming Baba Farid University, which helps the aspiring students & budding entrepreneurs to bring their ideas into action. To achieve this mission of School of Entrepreneurship and for stand-stilling this pillar, BFGI has establish “Industry Interactive Entrepreneurship Cell” with an objective to support the budding entrepreneurs to establish their new venture through constant guidance & mentoring through various training programs & industrial collaborations to invent the spirit & energy of young students and subsume it in entrepreneurship.
The main objectives of School of Entrepreneurship are:
- Foster exchange between high level experience (Corporates) and Agile Innovation (Start-up’s)
- Promote entrepreneurship by providing dedicated fully furnished work space for startup, facilities like internet connectivity and other resources required for start up.
- Facilitate funding for the ideas and fueling the success of entrepreneur’s by connecting them with influencers, experts and customers.
- Assist students\budding entrepreneurs to build a comprehensive business plan from their idea to a prototype that can be launched in the market (from concept to launch) .
- Provide and arrange for mentorship from industry experts and advisors Since its inception, BFGI Industry-Interactive Entrepreneurship Cell (IIEC) had gone through different experiences and organized various events last year.
- 3-day Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp sponsored by Department of Science and Technology (DST) & Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI), Government of India, under DST-NIMAT project.
- Sensitization Program (Expert Lectures by renowned Entrepreneurs).
- Industrial Visits (5 Industries were visited).
- Lectures on Writing a Business Plan.
- Business Plan Competitions.
- Entrepreneur Week.
- Pitch-up Session for students who had submitted the Business Plan.
- Sponsored Faculty Development Programs.
- IIEC had also established 3 e-clubs in BFCET, BFC and BFCMT and students are enrolled in each club by the students. IIEC has the fare pool of mentors to guide the students in different fields of entrepreneurship.